Tuesday, January 17

True Selves

Ironically, i had to think of what to blog today. It seems that the more i know that people might be reading what i'm writing, I start hiding my true self once again and begin to blog about things that are simply superficial, mundane, and happy.

Not that my true self is overly deep, and not happy. But it's just the question of honesty. I feel like i don't know what to write.

So i put the topic as "True Selves". What are our true selves? When we get happy, the next few days, we get sad - when we achieve something, the next few days later, we're back to normal and don't feel great at all. Perhaps this is my true self - the weak self.

And it's true that God really helps. God's real. And God's King of all kings.

Why do I say this? Not being over pious. A pious person could never say that because the pious person may worship on the outside, but inside, not really truly worship God at all!

What God looks at is our hearts. Our heart of hearts. And what is it?

All i know is that our hearts are sinful. From our hearts sprout evil desires and therefore, we neeed JESUS more than ever to cleanse us inside out.

That's why my blogs are all about JESUS!

If you pronounce JESUS as "Heh Sus" (Where the "J" becomes a "H") - philippine style, it becomes HSUS = HE SAVES OUR SOULS!

And yes,

ON the light hearted side, i'm back early for once.. and enjoying a great dinner. Feeling a bit mundane at work, but happy that it's not stressing me out. I've got 3-4 books on copywriting but they're still on the shelf. Reading books just aint my habit nowadays.

I've got the Saccre card to re-design. It seems it's on the shelf too and i tend to procrastinate till my mood suddenly turns and I suddenly feel like doing it. That could take weeks.

I've got YAM on my mind. Pretty exciting. And I've determined to give it my best.

I've got olps orchestra on my mind.. wonder and hope that we can really produce good music.

And so I guess that's pretty enough for now. I probably want a nice good early sleep. Oh yes, not to forget, I feel empowered day by day when I take charge of my life. BUT EVEN MORE SO, when I let GOD take charge of my life.

When God is in charge, I know that I'm not living my life out of pride or conversely, fear or insecurity. I know that I am firmly in His hands.

Amazing that even after this knowledge, i can still feel jittery in the bus when going home,.. wondering where God is and whether I'm really doing things right or am I fanatically wrong. 2 sides of the coin. 2 ways to view my passion for God. What is the truth?

For me i'd stick to Jesus. Because I have "seen" His glory and witnessed His transforming power, His peace, His love. No more arguments. No more doubts.

So then. Jesus is my goal.

What's yours?

Why not Jesus? Because He's some figment of literature, history or?

To me Jesus is God... He's the saviour of our souls.. He gives you the peace you never can get from the World. He gives purpose to your life. He is the great Almighty creator of the universe..

I just love Jesus.. this much.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908