Thursday, March 9

The thoughts are too many...

I think i get into all kinds of moods. So easily. In just one day, i can range from positive, negative, happy, sad, goal-oriented, confused, phelgmatic, sanguine, choleric, melancholic. I think that's why i think i can understand people who feel the same way. Especially melancholics. They are no doubt a 'sad' bunch, but painfully sweet.. as the word 'melancholic' describes.

I read this phrase somewhere.. Do you have an attitude of abundance or scarcity? The person with the attitude of abundance lives that way, whereas the one with scarcity - also lives that way. I think i have an attitude of abundance - one that thinks that everything will work out in the end - those simplistic seemingly naive things like.. don't worry it will be ok. Whereas the person with a scarcity mindset thinks we shouldn't be overly positive. Haha i experienced this classic case in my own fyp group! but nothing against it,.. i think it was a great learning experience to see how minds can really differ.

I wonder why? How do we get the mindsets we have? And why is it so difficult to break out of them? true enough, the evil one works on the mind - and that's why our set mindsets are 'strongholds' that need breaking down. Bit by bit. Brick by brick. And God is the one who should build the new walls. Coz they will contain His Hedge of protection.

Thinking about the word 'Hedge' i only recently learnt what Hedge funds are. Haha.. there's this event in my company on Hedge funds, which is to be held in Japan. The designer next to me is wonderful. She can design stuff with Japanese text in it. While she doesn't actually translate everything, she can actually do Japanese Proofreading! pretty cool!!! Yes she's on Jap lessons now. I wanna take Jap again!

In time in time. It's like i have all these goals lined up but they are taking their queue. Only now am I just starting to do the driving practice on the road. Looks like my goals are 3 months overdue.

Meanwhile, i'm having a major brainblock thinking of email headings. When I'm asked for ideas it's just like... (BLANK!)... I really am not a quick thinker...

Meanwhile.. I've been asking - am i this over zealot in youth ministry? perhaps? i realise i may have been projecting personal goals in ministry. What's the most important thing in ministry? it's really simply worshipping God.. doing His Will, glorifying His Name...

I went to the Adoration room on Tues night after the olps youth comm meeting. I flipped through some old testament and came to 2 Chronicles. Now I have always heard this famous verse 2 Chronicles 7:14 verse on how (God says)

"14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there."

This time i read the whole first 10 chapters! For the first time - it brought me thinking - it's so applicable for ministry - King Solomon's kingdom is like the ministry we are building up.. and so i just relate so much to this story. It's about the task of rebuilding - which we are doing now.. rebuilding Israel /our people.

Solomon prays - "O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth?you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way." Indeed, YAM's vision to raise up a generation of wholehearted worshippers.. so well... that word really struck me.

Well some time last week - i was pondering on this verse:
"Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will fi nd rest for your souls.? Jeremiah 6:16

My friend Dorothea is a campus crusade staff. And just today she sent out a monthly newsletter of updates of what projects and missions she has been doing and Right at the top was THIS SAME VERSE!

Indeed.. what is the 'ancient paths'? Sounds so forlorn.. but so majestic and beyond me.. what is God preparing for us? Where will God lead me? I lie in great anticipation and expectation of the joy ahead.

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger :: dotz :: said...

hey gal, i'm glad to see your great heart for God's people. may He continue to grow and mold that love , and direct your path! =) *hugz*

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908