Tuesday, April 11

Distractions

What a powerful preaching on Distractions. I was at Gethsemane, the OLPS Lenten Vigil organised by the youth ministry. I was impressed right from the start. Simply in awe. There was a whole worship team and band plus 2 magnificent choirs - introducing the crowd to praise and worship - in all its majesty.

The music was fabulous. This is my first comment - being a musician myself. Secondly, being such a organiser, second thing i notice - is the whole setup and programme. Well planned, on time, good breaks, very very impressive. Finally, I get to the heart of the matter - what did I learn tonight?

I realise that all these line up with the 2nd topic that Brother Michael Broughton talked about - Distractions. Just like i was distracted by first the music, then about observing how they plan stuff before i come to the actual matter - Jesus, we are all easily distracted in our lives.

Bro. Michael talked about how anything that distracts us from fulfilling our mission (to love) is a distraction. Success, achievement, happiness, friends, these are secondary to our mission to love and love itself - God. It was such a simple yet profound statement that got me thinking twice and even till today. It's a message that truly sunk in. And i thank God for that message. Because it helps me to keep focus on the one true thing that matters in life - Love.

If i don't have Love, i am just an empty gong.

Love - is God.

God is Love.

Without God in me, how can I love?

With my human weaknesses - I don't feel like loving at all. I don't even love myself.

But with God in me - I can love.

AMEN!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908