Sunday, March 19

A busy week is over...

Latest reflection: Life's fulfillment
http://www.auburnskye.com/reflections.html

Talking about fulfillment, i've been pretty over-fulfilled in the last week. Been fixing many things in my life. And getting busy!

Met up with Adeline & Colleen on Tuesday. Had a good chat but poor ole colleen not feeling well. I was really glad to be able to testify about the Peace that God has given me. It's funny how the timing is just so right. I had prayed about a week before that God will let people see His glory through me. And i was able to testify one week later. Just like ABLAZE, the Saccre Youth Rally, the theme was Testify to Love. How apt.

Then on Wednesday, I met up with audrey to practice guitar. She was due to play for a camp on Sat and needed some help. It was really fun.. i really look forward to more guitar jamming sessions...

ON Thurs, i went shopping again!.. as of the previous week,.. I've done 2 bouts of shopping, gathering me-self a whole bunch of new tops, 2 pairs of slippers, a bag (older shopping), and 4 CDs (scary!!), and most of all a new phone! Finally, the major wish-list is done.

The phone's a Sony Ericsson 750i. Still getting used to it! But i'm just glad anyway, that i've moved forward from the OLD 3100... haha.. And while i was at parkway, i couldn't resist the urge to get some VCDs from MPH's CD store..which i only just found out is now (MJ) music Junction, instead of Video EZY. Well, i rented Master and Commander, Earthsea & Hidalgo.

Meanwhile, the 4 CDs are scary. I never buy CDs often and this is like... indulgence.. Talk about Lent! They're Enya's latest, Amaratine, Breathe (japanese instrumental tunes), Secret Garden (I love the violin), and Green Day American Idiot.

What can i say about these music choices? Finally, a breakaway from P&W music after a long time. Not that P&W is losing its touch. More likely i see the music choice as a reflection of my personal self - growing out of my comfort zones, expanding, trying new tunes and moving out. Yeah. Later i'll move into more stuff.. bossanova? jazz? african? perhaps. I hear them but i don't know any albums. I'll go get some more next time. And THAT CD shop is a great place! Really cheap!

And.. what was the most exciting? Friday! Went to geylang to have durian with my string ensemble buddies Kyong, Yiting, Griffin (exchange student from Illinois), Andeline.. It was super fun.. and stuffed. There goes the week of dieting... we had deer meet hor fun, frog leg's porridge, you tiao, xiao long bao, durian and finally rochor soya beancurd.. and Griffin loved durian! Amazing.



And sat's wine appreciation course... with Prisci & Eliz & Dominic




So well Next.. is exercise. Talk about Lent. I think this lent, my 'sacrifice' has got to be exercise... as in.. to pluck up my butt and go for exercise - crucifying my lazy butt.. haha... but seriously.. i think i shall try to take Lent seriously.

In any case,.. it's been great so far.. sleeping late doing my webpage & the YAM webpage too... but very happy. Sometimes, if you're passionate about something, you ultimately have to sacrifice some stuff. Time, effort. In my case, it happens to be sleep. But I know it's bad so I'll go easy on myself the next week! sleep early early early!!!

Meanwhile,.. Have a look.

www.youthariseministry.com

www.auburnskye.com

There are million of ways I'd improve on them.. but well.. save for future.. there'll always be changes anyway. But comments, if any, are appreciated!

Lastly... Praise God 3 more people are joining OLPS Orchestra. Hope they stay!!!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908