Thursday, April 13

Random Thoughts, HOpes & Good Friday Reflection

Everywhere I go, I see a potential picture perfect shot. Perhaps I should take up photography in greater detail. ;)

I like art. But never really did art. Perhaps I could try digital art. It's after all, 'virtual'.

I did my first drive in Dad's car - alone - without daddy - yesterday! Almost almost hit the wall while turning and parking the car... almost forgot to switch on the lights (it was night). But I made it! YIPPEE!

I realise I've never thought what Good Friday meant to me. But thinking on it, I feel that... God never needed to do what he did - send Jesus down, to take on humanity, die on the cross.. and save humanity! But it was in his plan of salvation that he did.

I'm now thinking I wanna go to Rome - for the Pentecost Rally in early June.

Expectations... can be a killer. We have raised, false, over-idealised hopes. But reality strikes and it hurts. But it would not hurt if expectations were not there in the first place.

Some important things struck me during Gethsemane - the OLPS Lenten Vigil held on 8-9th April overnight.Staying awake through the night, I was so amazed to find myself amidst a crowd of youths and enthusiastic adults.. doing praise and worship, with a fantastic band and 2 majestic choirs. First thing I realise is that if God wants revival, He will bring it. He brought the OLPS Youths -- whole lot of 30 over of them to the YISS last year. And He's going to do more this year in June. I believe and have hopes. All I can do is marvel at His work, and hope of joining in where His Spirit is flowing and moving. And motivate the rest in the ministry too... this is my God-given gift and its no wonder I excel and find so much joy in doing so.

I realise if I keep wondering if I am too This or too That, I will never be happy. Why are humans always judging themselves by comparing against a particular standard? Why should we use the world's standard to measure up? I say this because I believe that the World and all its ways are folly to God. What is success? What is achievement? What are God's ways? Love. Love and Love. So then, the only measure that we need when we die and meet Jesus face to face is -- Have I loved as I ought to love?

After all, when we die, when Jesus ask us what have we done on Earth, what do you think he wants to hear? That we have obeyed His commandments... and what are they? 1) Love God. 2) Love neighbour.

And as I ponder on the topic of Love... I am startled by the lack of Love I see in me.... Even the minute bit of love I have is sometimes... self-focused.

So there. My Good Friday-Easter reflection. Love. Love. Love.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908