Wednesday, October 3

God - a consuming fire. magnificent. indescribable.

Good News Reflection
Wednesday of the 26th Week in Ordinary Time
October 3, 2007
http://gogoodnews.net/DailyReflections

"Following Christ is never a static position. It's an adventure that changes as soon as we settle down and get comfortable. God calls us away from doing one good thing to do a different good thing. The hard part is recognizing when it's time to let go of the old to start something new, especially when it makes perfect sense to keep on doing what we've been doing, and even more especially when no one else can do it quite as well as we can."

I think I am getting it. Slowly getting this idea. Man.. it's been a long time, since I felt so alive... that God is calling me, that there is a new purpose, that God is doing a new thing!

Truly, it is Isaiah 43 for me. http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/bible/isaiah/isaiah43.htm

God says, See I am doing a new thing. In the desert, I will make a way...

In the deepest of my heart, I know that I am 'swept' up in a new move by God in my life.. I don't know when it had begun, i dont' even know when the past had ended...

All i know is that in the last few months of struggle, not knowing where God is leading me, of feeling high yet low, low yet ok, stale yet ok, ok yet not ok.... I am now sure that God is still around.

Isaish 43's verse 20 - 25 says it "painfully" to me..:

I put water in the desert and rivers in the wasteland for my chosen people to drink,
21
The people whom I formed for myself, that they might announce my praise.
22
5 Yet you did not call upon me, O Jacob, for you grew weary of me, O Israel.
23
You did not bring me sheep for your holocausts, nor honor me with your sacrifices. I did not exact from you the service of offerings, nor weary you for frankincense.
24
6 You did not buy me sweet cane for money, nor fill me with the fat of your sacrifices; Instead, you burdened me with your sins, and wearied me with your crimes.
25
It is I, I, who wipe out, for my own sake, your offenses; your sins I remember no more.


For this, I cry out, "Forgive me Lord!" Becuase I did not even call upon Him. I did not offer Him my sacrifice of Praise. I did not offer him my deeds of Love... Instead, I burdened God with my sins, and kept on living life in a cycle of questioning, guilt, doubt..

Yet God remembers my sins no more. It is indescribable.

It is HE who moves. Let us just yield to the Spirit of God. Pray earnestly, and ask for forgiveness. Let God give you a vision, a flame, a passion.

He is a consuming fire.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908