Wednesday, December 12

Good thoughts for 2008

It's really quiet now as I'm typing this.... And so its 2am and i'm now more awake again... just thinking about 2008's goals.. u know i always have a yearly resolution. This year, it was 2 "F"s -- focus on the Lord and have faith in the future. I think both areas are being fulfilled even as I speak. So that leaves me time to think about next year! I am thinking of "L" -- Live, Laugh & Love. Maybe Learn a new language (japanese). So that's the 4 Ls..... wahaha.. so typical.

After the choice weekend, it was back to daily life and much planning for the Olps Youth retreat, olps ensemble practices and also the String Quartet gig.

Yes, I must rant about it.... we did a gig last Sun 2nd Dec at Shangri-La. Once again, the sense of fulfillment (even though sound system was once again - bad! You just wonder... what do those sound guys do?). Well, after that, the quartet (WH, CL, KY & me) went to Paragon's indonesian restaurant opposite Din Tai Fung for dinner. A superb one at that.. only $15 but a sumptious spread. Maybe we were hungry!

Aren't we looking good? ahahahaa... i just did my hair that day before....





THEN, came the YISS from 6 - 9 Dec... which I must also rant about. It was one of the best YISS I have served in. I was a facilitator with GAVIN! We both were in the same group in 1999 where it was then called "El-Elohim!". And now, we were co-facilitating a group together some 8 years later..... How wonderful is that! ;) God rocks!!!

My group: "Abiding"


Once again, this YISS is so special. So creative. Lotsa Good Food.. ice cream, chocolate, and really good catering. Once again the theme was "Everlasting God" - of course, the song "everlasting god" was the theme song... "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord..." goes the lyrics....

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles





That's Gavin eyeing the nutella...


GOD IS NOW MY STRENGTH!!!

Anyway, I went in a little unsure of life.. thinking I couldn't cope with myself and all my other commitments.

I went a "loser" spiritually, with no more "spirit" to fight.... But I emerged from this retreat, renewed.

Though physically, I feel like "crushed, broken, and totally knocked out" my spirit SINGS to the LORD... because once again, I know HE Is GOod and GREAT and above all things.

I don't know how to describe it. Spiritual High maybe. But it's that feeling of closeness to the Lord. You know you have no more walls of sin and pride between you and God... so allows you to draw near to Him.

For me, this camp worked for me, just as well as the participants, it was also for me. At one point, God's immense love during one of the Praise & WOrship sessions just touched me... and I knew that God is really the everlasting love... that I'd been seeking and searching in the things of the world, yet not satisfied because ultimately, inside, I had decided that I didn't want to seek God.

After this camp, I am brought to humble repentance again and the desire to set things right. To claim my spiritual authority in my home, workplace, and life. To be victorious. As I say this, I even tremble at the thought. Because God's power is so great.

It is so easy to slump back into the chair (and I also worry about doing that again), and just take things easy and just be lukewarm. Just live the easy christian life -- just go church and don't really need to pray other than that. NO. I Dont' want that kind of life.

But... I want an authentic spirituality that brings forth God's kingdom here on Earth. Because if that is not what I am living for, there's nothing else in this world that is everlasting besides the one and only true God, the Everlasting God.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908