Monday, March 10

Standing Ovation!

Just watched SALLE GAVEAU [ Read review here ] 's Tango Nuevo performance at the Esplanade Recital studio today. It was so good that it got a standing ovation from the crowd.

To me, it was a classical crossover to avantgarde-progressive-rock styled tunes. Like how there are classical-jazz groups, this was more loud, rock, with loads of fusion between modern, tango, classical, ... we had a hard time defining the genre. But I am certain this does not fall under "new age" which to me is things like enya or pop-type of songs..

Anyway, we were so fascinated that me, elaine and agus bought the CDs (and got them autographed) on the spot. I'm listening to them now and can't get enough of it. It's really nice... i guess, i'm on a new wave of music interests here.

Latest CDs that are keeping me occupied:
- Joe Hisaishi: Princess Mononoke Soundtrack
- Yoyoma: Japanese Melodies
- Ghibli The Classics
- Salle Gaveau: Alloy (new!)

Wahah... New Wave.. New Wave...

Today, we also had a nice YAM core team chat. I look forward to a NEW WAVE of the Holy Spirit. A New Pentecost.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908