Wednesday, October 8

Funny Bus Incident

Heh... today i was going home after the Japanese lesson. It was the test today and I think I will pass! I am pretty confident about it... hehehehe... ureshii desu!!

Anyway, yeah, on the bus,... a bunch of 5 boys sat near me and we were near the back row. They were laughing a lot and I got a bit irritated. And I was kinda getting judgemental... thinking things like - how come these boys can go out so late at nite no need to study ah... or see lah, laugh so much, that's why people may think "less" of them...

But in the end, the one who judges gets judged. I made a little prayer to god to say... God, how can I be so biased and so liddat... if you can do something, make me less "racist" (as you can tell, they are of a different "race" - i shall not mention which).

And the next thing that happened... one of them started telling his other friends about a song from "Princess Mononoke" and started humming it... albeit really loudly. But funny thing, it's my favourite tune too from that movie. The main theme song. And immediately I tell you... all my judging "MELTED" away. I was totally left abashed... stunned... in wonder... and almost wanted to break into a ridiculous smile.

Well, the next half of the ride, I enjoyed it a lot. Of course, that boy was STILL humming the tune ALL the way until his friend said something like.. 'boring la'.... but I was also humming it in my head and it was REALLY nice.

I thought - when you have something you love in common - e.g. music - or anything else - there is NO more distinction of race, colour, background, parentage, etc etc etc. You just blend together. You just enjoy the moment. You'd just love the company.

It's an amazing thought today.

I embed the song from youtube here: (English Version)-


Japanese version:

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a funny yet warm incident!!!! :-) Pauline

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Hi Pau!

Yes Indeed... hahaha... I really was humming the tune 'together' in my head.. haha.. love it!! See things in a totally new light...

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908