Wednesday, July 22

Social Media - Yet another facade

There is a lot of potential to be disillusioned in social media. When the lure of the wonders of social media cease, and is no longer interesting, I wonder what will be the next thing to occupy our minds. When this happens for me, I retract. I stop blogging, I stop all the useless twittering and narcissistic display of my 'world' online and retreat to that inner world, where I can find something else. That humanity in me. That love. God.

Sometimes, the Internet, has to be discerned as well. It must be a tool that helps us to fulfill our life purpose. Not the main preoccupation, time-passer, etc.

Today, I am a little tired. I want to just meet people face to face and talk. I want to just not READ about something, but really immerse myself in it. I want to not just email people, but to be able to sit with them, and talk about God, life, love, everything.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908