Sunday, October 4

Journey 2009

Yay! Just came back from the NTU String Orchestra concert - Journey 2009! It's been a fabulous journey indeed, since 2005 when it started till now! Yet another concert by the NTU SO!

Each time we meet up either alumni or current members, we are bonded by that common desire to play and hear good music. It's such a wonderful thing, for everyone in a community to have a common goal and passion. A vision.. a love... a desire.

That is something that will keep me going back year after year after year. It's been like 10 years now in the String ensemble/orchestra community, though we don't play much as alumni, it's just a really wonderful thing. And so hearing that the next concert will be in March 2011, everyone of us is like... "Aw" when are we going to meet up again? 1.5 years later? Oh gosh!

With all these yearnings to meet up and play together, I am compelled to start up something for the East-side string ppl since it's so hard to travel to NTU.

Then again, it's always a question of commitment and priorities. Do i have the time? Shucks... and when we get into the drone of daily living again, the hype will die down for yet another year to go. Sigh.

But i always believe that where there's a will there's a way. THis is something that i can do while I still can do, so why not do it now... because if i don't, I will probably not do it anymore when I am not able to. Right?

There's so many choices in life... sometimes... it's hard to choose... we want everything... but there's only so much we can afford, spend, commit - to.

And it so happens that everything i love to do - is something like a "hobby" which only takes up time, money and effort. And i really wonder sometimes whether this is the right way to live. While other people are worrying and racking their brains on how to survive, make money, build up wealth, everything I do is nothing towards that direction. Or maybe God already knows it and pre-programmed me this way?

Or is this just a result of laziness or too good an environment and hard-working parents that give me the luxury to do what I want, when I want, without worrying about the future?

But I do still worry.

So well, if this is my path in life, perhaps I ought to live it to the fullest. If i am to serve, I will serve. If i am to give, I will give. If I am to do so called "useless-things" for the sake of others, e.g. serve in youth ministry, or play in string (which are all so called "voluntary" activities) - i shall do it. After all, those are not "work" but to me, it is "play". And when we "play" we are most creative. The human is freed when in the state of "play".

Isn't it? And that's why i enjoy it so much....

My resolve of today's reflection - is to PLAY harder, and to be an instrument to allow others to PLAY more, relax, destress...

Art or music therapy.... sounds good?
;)

Cheers!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908