Thursday, November 18

This is life!

I can't believe it... life is suddenly - LIFE!

WEll, today is simply awesome. On Tues night I worked my ass off with my FYP.. and for once, was pleased that I actually worked hard. Not slacked but put in hard work. Been a long time since I actually was determined to work hard.

Yesterday, I went blading with a bunch of OLPS Catechists, besides James, the rest were all new faces... they're so young... around 16-17...Sasha, Gabriel & Mark. Later, I met Ransal again, whom I played guitar with at the OLPS Confirmation 3 camp recently. It's so nice meeting younger ppl... of whom up till now I've had a kind of 'phobia' to meet. It seems I tend to think that they're of a different generation and can't relate to them. In fact, it's so opposite. Their gregariousness and laughter simply makes me open up so easily and remember my KC days. ;p And gosh, blading was fun.. exercise.. the wind.. the sun.. the tan.. haha...this will certainly not be the last!

Then I met more new people yesterday night (actually it was just a little while ago,... but now already past 12.. it's the next day already!).. as we met to practice for the SACCRE Rally... there was Me (on the violin), Glori & Nat (John 10:10), Jacob & Del (St. Theresa's), and Charlene (bassist) and Audrey (percussionist) from Risen Christ Church.

Man I feel so privileged to be playing the violin. I REALLY Love it and Thank mum and dad for allowing me to take it up!!! In fact, that move was entirely based on my own decision.. (in Pri. 1 it was actually I who asked if i could learn it)... And that decision stuck up till now. Look what happened to piano and art courses... Ballet.. a bit sad lah... now in no shape for it anymore.. mwahahhahaha!!!!!!

Later.. Audrey and Charlene kinda persuaded me to go for supper.. so we had a sumptious prata supper at Upper Serangoon... And I found out that Audrey and Charlene are into graphic design and Web respectively. It was cool, and that they are in a new band and are looking for a violinist.. so I might be able to play with them if they have gigs. Just thinking of the possibility is so exciting. To think I never ever dared venture out of my comfort zone. Perhaps this is somewhere I could start. :)

Doing something that I can only do when I'm young. Cherishing my gifts and talents... Shldn't I just go for it? Busy as a busy bee.. I bet I can make the time for it!

And I just stand in awe because All I see is not the opportunities for myself, but the God-given answers to lots of old prayers. Always wanted to meet new people. Always wanted to find ppl with similar hobbies... and similar interests. Now they've just popped up in front of me. It's my part now to cherish them. ;)

GOD RULES! I Love You Jesus! Deep down in my heart!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908