Tuesday, January 18

Busy!

Life's been busy! What's happened recently? despite having only 3 main subjects (fyp, graphic communication, and my elective- Jap) it's still busy busy busy! Why? Becoz i'm also involved in String, Youth Ministry, and that's quite enough... but it's been great... i'm always a busy person since young, these activities shld give me motivation and strength. Well... and they really do. (But I believe it is God really who strengthens me)

Sun outing (16th) - did some shopping with mum. It's been soo long since i went shopping!!!! Then, went blading in afternoon with the youth ministry fellas.. woah.. we went right up till the Changi Runway! I was seriously "dying" and my knees really hurt! BUT I'm so glad I bladed so much... (ache ache.. hehaa). Saw weihan at east coast and I was rather shocked that he goes to east coast every sun and blades there.. just the whole day.. how much time does he have? he's just as busy as me i think.... well.. Then I learnt how to say "in the name of the father and son and holy spirit, amen" in Jap from a fellow Jap fanatic frd whom i just got to know in youth group. Haha.. it was super funny.

To end off, what better- a movie - in my beachwear.. with my mum and sis.. haaaa.. we watched kung fu hustle.. i didn't like it though.. not enough emotional contact, jerky plot (but interesting ideas) and overly slapstick.. Think i'll prefer even the soppy korean dramas to this.

String (sat 15th) - The NTU band concert came and went last Sat, 15th. It was splendidddd... Though.... my playing wasn't... it sucked!

Drank coffee before performance coz was sleepy.., plus didn't practise the whole week, plus my scores kinda went missing just before the performance, and so I was in a very frantic state... Geesh... when we came to the slow part my hands were just wobbling so much, made me play a note earlier than expected... and i couldnt' play the bow straight (shivering) and had to soften my playing for a little while.. geesh!! Bad bad bad! Blame it on the coffee hhaaa! :P

Nevertheless,... it was really wonderful AFTER that, when we talked about dreams of having a string orchestra! And to play better pieces. And I remember the VJ string days when we actually played good songs, such as peter and the wolf, under Zhong Hao. It was fabulous. It was then, that I began to love string ensemble, and it marked history. I was IN. And now I wish to be in a String ensemble/orchestra.. forever... U can get "high" from music - aka playing music or listening also - so for me, it's not clubbing, not eeky old retro music.. but making music - playing in a symphony of sounds... shining at your part... bringing out the feelings in the music.. the feeling is simply awesome when you can play it well and get to the stage of enjoying your own music which u make. And of course, not just ur own music, but the total effect when combined with the full orchestra. Magnificent!!

Youth Ministry (fri 14th)- Wow we had our first growth groups session last fri. Seesh, i started without even an opening prayer.. but well... inexperienced but very exciting.. glad that God is using me in this way, and the going is tough. BUT, I know that I have this mission before me, which will succeed if I walk faithfully with the Lord each day. And I realise so much that I am accountable to Him, and that with greater knowledge (and greater gifts and blessings), comes greater responsibility (Spiderman 2!!) haha... eh... yikes....

anyways... This is the link to our new ministry blog: ACTS-cetera.. i did it all in one night.. at the expense of my health... that's why was quite disorientated thru the whole sun and mon... (But still managed to go shopping and blading on Sun!)- and so fyp suffered i guess???


Now back on track, tmrw will be dedicated to fyp!! and jap!!



My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908