Thursday, December 30

Thinking back on my past year resolutions...

Do you have any resolutions?

Well.. was just reflecting this morning... - it's a beautiful day - and thought.. hey... I don't have any yet.. but looking back at my past year's reflections.. i think i fulfilled them...

They were to Chart my path, fuel my passion, and find my potential... 3 Ps..

1. Chart my path - I am more settled in which direction I wanna go... work at my mum's shop and apply my skills there. It's not gonna be easy for me, coz i know totally nutz about business and I won't say I'm a great business person... not shrewd enough may end up being a charitable organisation!! And what's more working under ur mum... i think it's more pressurizing!

Well I also thought that along the way after I graduate I will apply for a job and try about 1 year in the working life.. in a company under a boss. That will give me working experience that I shld not forgo.. and so what and where? I think I'll go for events.. since advertising, marketing and PR I've tried already.. PR is out.. not interested... so.. why not try something else? i know I'll just kill myself with the erratic time schedule of an events manager, but I'm game...

As for the future.. I think I'll end up in ministry. I don't see any other way I could become some rich business tycoon.. nah.. not my dream... nor some super executive.. nor even a designer.. As for getting married... I don't see it either.. sorry.. that part I still dunno... so hahaa.. what to do.. when u just get a dream of 2 kids irritating the hell out of me! (yeah last night.. dreamt of 2 kids wanting everything I had.. all my crayons.. pencils.. erasers.. little brats... etc..)

2. Fuel my passion - On the 2nd list.. this was tough.. I don't think I did really much, but then again, not knowingly, I believe I have done this the whole year... I have re-ignited my passion for Blading.. (actually going out and blade not just talk about it...), Given wholesome commitment in my youth ministry and serving, and played my violin more and found that I can actually do harmonisation just like that on the spot... and what about my interest in naruto and all things anime? That's always been there.. maybe I shld take it more seriously as well.. hahaa.. I think I already am... lastly... have some new passions for next year.. - maybe take up a salsa class!! mwahaha....

3. Find my potential - Yeah.. this was toughest, but I believe I found a few things this year.. .aka the potential to be detached and less emotional (which is good in some circumstances)... the potential to do counselling (only 2 so far though).. and the potential with my violin.

Sad to say, I don't see much potential in drawing.. maybe I shldn't take it as an elective for next year? I should go take "improvisation" instead.. music.. MUSIC!!! Let the music heal your soul... MUSIC.. makes the world sing and laugh... music... ???

On a last note: In the recent spate of events.. try to Donate if you can, do your best to help.. this is a time for us to help a fellow human who is suffering...


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908