Tuesday, December 21

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15)

"True servants think of ministry as an opportunity, not an obligation. They 'serve the Lord with gladness.' Why do they serve with gladness? Because they love the Lord, they?re grateful for his grace, they know serving is the highest use of life, and they know God has promised a reward. Jesus promised in John 12:26 (Msg), 'The Father will honor and reward anyone who serves me.' And the Bible says in Hebrews 6:10 (NLT), 'He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other Christians.'" - Rick Warren

Well, today's gonna be another exciting day - FYP and String.. ha ha ha! Last night.. or in the wee morning hours of today, I was digging thru lots of my old letters from all my friends during JC time... Yes RUBY i got yours.. and there was stuff I never knew... DD..Jeremy..Charissa.. OHHhhh it made me realise how shallow I was before and how much I have grown and also how much I did communicate with people last time - I think I was so much more in tune with developing relationships with people. But then it was difficult and so I took a step back and here I am, sad and lonely? Okay fine.. not sad and lonely, but feeling like I didn't do much to "make contact" with people. Seems after I entered Uni, there was like a new fortress built, to protect myself... and so I was like stuck in there, not really reaching out anymore... think? As now, my friends, are many but few really good ones.. Perhaps I can't ask for too much, and yeah, perhaps, I should be content.. right? But really I am glad for those people who are still close to me.,.. and maybe next year my goals should be to build good relationships with people.

In fact, my goal in my youth group is already "Go Deeper"- meaning to know God more, to seek Him more... so I'll just extend this to my friendships! Amen!

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Sam!

it's me, xiaojun :) stumbled upon ur blog dunno how. anyway so glad to see such an inspiring blog glorifying His name. keep doing what u're doing ya? :) all the best for ur fyp!!

luv,
xiaojun
http://www.livejournal.com/users/smallzsoldier/

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908