Monday, February 14

Back to life after Da big day

It's back to life.. catch up on homework.. oh so darnded.. missed 3 lessons of Jap.. and this week there's the mid-term test and I'm like 30 pages backdated.. or more.. panic panic panic!!!

Anyways.. life after the event day (the Wakefest on 12th Feb last sat) is absolutely horrible. U get stuck thinking and replaying the whole event day.... wondering whether it was really a success or a failure. And well.. u feel half in control and sometimes totally out of control.

It was a day of mixed feelings... one was happiness that the event was finally here.. all that we were working for.. finally it was the big day. On the other hand.. it was feelings of fear and dread of what to come next.. how to explain to everyone that the crowd was so lousy-meagre-stingy!.. How to write our report.. how to go to the next part of our project.. which in the next month or so.. will have to be completed!

I just so felt so hard to move on. Its just like a break up. Really. U get stuck and think of everything that has happened and wonder how to make things better or what you "Could Have " done. So trust me.. I also understand how it feels in a breakup.

Anyway.. yeah.. it got me sleeping almost the whole of Sunday. and On sunday night.. upon "waking up".. i went "bonkers".. went to practice my violin (something I have never done for a long long time) and.. well that was fantastic... managed to practice the whole chunk of violin 2 solo for Divertimento! (a section that I never could play)

This morning.. it was a day of nostalgia and a i-wanna sleep-in-bed-forever feeling.. got up.. had breakfast.. skipped the Pilates class all the way at NTU.. and started playing the piano! I got out Ju's "Chopin" Book and played some song in there.. but it was too tough.. so i got some other Grade 5 or less book to play.. hahahaa..

Got bored.. then got my Guitar out to play.. and jammed all the way to Hillsong's London Album - "Shout God's Fame". Man I love that album..

And I realised that it spoke to me too... all the songs.. ALL of them.. if you have it.. LISTEN to it! It's a great album.



Shout your fame
Some say you're just a good man / Some say you are kind / Some say ou are in the grave / But I say you're alive / Some say you're just a prophet / Some say you were wise / Some say you were just a man / But I say you are God / You are my God / I will shout your fame to all the earth / I will lift your name on high / And the world will know your greatness / You are my God / I will shout your fame / I know you're the Messiah / You gave your life for me / And I know you're the only way / Jesus you're my God/You are my God / I will shout your fame to all the earth / I will lift your name on high / And the world will know your greatness / You are my God / Jesus / I will shout your fame to all the earth / I will lift your name on high / I will show the world your goodness / As I live a life that shouts your fame / As I live a life that shouts your fame / Jesus I decide to live / Live a life that shouts your fame / Shout your fame

My God
Your faithful love / has always been there for me / the greatest love / that I have ever known / what can I give to you / for all Youve given to me / You gave it all / and You are all I need / Pre-Chorus:You are my king, / You are my God / the praises I bring / come from my heart / Chorus:This is for You / for all Youve done for me / and I wanted to show You / how much You mean my God, my God

Gonna be alright
I've found my meaning in You / Your cause is the reason why I live / Your grace is teaching me how to give I give my whole life to You / Your love is the reason why I sing / Jesus You are my everything / Every night, everyday / I dont need to worry, no I celebrate / All the things You've done in me And its gonna be alright, cause / You are in my life Yes its gonna be alright Gonna be, gonna be, gonna be alright / And its gonna be alright, / 'Cause Jesus, you're my light / And You have shown me the way / All of my troubles, all of my life I give to You, my king

You are my rock
There's a voice in the silence, piercing the darkness of my own selfish soul / There's a cry deep within me, a yearning to feel you I look to you, / Lord I can't pretend I don't run from the feelings I'm trying to hide / Must get the focus off me and my problems / I look to the cross / You are my Rock / On You I stand / Safe from the storms that surround me / You're my only Rock, In you I can / Don't have to rely on my own strength.

Centre of my life
Let my walk speak loud / And my words be true / Let my life be whole / With my eyes on you / Lord I'm stepping out / From the comfort zone / Letting go of me, Holding onto You / Freedom comes When I call You Lord / You are Lord my God You are the centre of it all, / The universe declares in awe / Your majesty / I surrender all / I make you The centre of my life / Lord, I respond with all I am / you placed in me the song / Of heavens melody / Your Majesty I live to sing Your song / I have found Your peace / It replaces any fear / You have done it all / I can trust in you / So I'm stepping out / From the comfort zone / Letting go of me Holding onto you / This is your song not mine / It is your song that brings healing to this land / This is your song not mine / It is your song that brings feedom / Freedom comes, when I call you Lord / Freedom comes, when I call you Lord / You are Lord, my God / You are the song / You are the majesty / I live to sing your song / Your majesty I live to sing Your song

History Maker
Is it true today... that when people pray / Cloudless skies will break; kings and queens will shake / Yes it's true... and I believe it! / I'm living for you! I?m living for you! / Is it true today... that when people pray / We'll see dead men rise... and the blind set free? / Yes, it's true... and I believe it!I'm living for you! I?m living for you! / I'm gonna be... a history maker in this land. / I'm gonna be... a speaker of truth to all mankind. / I'm gonna stand, I'm gonna run / Into your arms, into your arms again. / Well, it's true today... that when people stand / With the fire of God... and the truth in hand / We'll see miracles, we'll see angels sing...We'll see broken hearts... making history! / Yes it's true... and I believe it! / I'm living for you! I?m living for you! / Chorus (x2) Into your arms, into Your arms again! / Into your arms, into Your arms again! / Into your arms, into Your arms! / I?m gonna run into Your arms, / I?m gonna run into Your arms. / My Savior! My Savior! / I?m gonna run into Your arms! (x10 or however long worship team decides)

King of majesty
You know that, / I love you,You know that, / I want to know you so much more, / More than I have before / These words are, / From my heart, / These words are, / Not made up, / I will live for you,I am devoted to you, / Pre-Chorus:King of Majesty / I have one desire / Just to be with you my Lord, / Just to be with you my Lord, / Chorus:Jesus you are the Saviour of my soul / And forever and ever I'll give my praises to you /


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908