Sunday, January 30

Life's pleasures. Your choice...

Life.. Oh Life! Oh life... It's full of surprises.. if you'd choose to view life in that way - innocent and idealistic, and dreamy if you'd like.. etc.

Good moods?
- I've discovered the possibility of changing your mood. We have the power to change our moods. AND this is not some religious jargon, it's psychology! I watched it on Discovery (or central?) and it was REALLY COOL! This guy learnt how to manage his anger in just few months. And to think we can be "Trapped" by our negative emotions and mind-patterns for years! No doubt, for mindsets it's not easy. But regarding MOOD - it's proven possible. And i've been in a better mood ever since watching that docu.

- Friends:
I've discovered that God is my bestest friend. I've no other. I've experienced the pain of broken friendships before. Great shock and sadness.

But now I know the value of friendship and therefore, will be a friend to those who want my friendship. But God is my BEST friend. Even a closest friend will never be able to truly understand my real feelings, my real hurts, my real needs. BUT God knows it all.

Protestant brothers and sisters?
- I've learnt how to do Christian-styled street evangelism, but that seems relevant mostly to those who are "ready to accept christ". What about those who are not? I now want to learn how to talk to people & friends to let them know WHY they are in such "PITS" in life - it's because of..... of .. of of.... there's so many reasons! I know it but then again, I just can't express it out in words.

How to express the deep worship in your heart - the action of turning your whole heart and control of your life over to a supreme ONE - Jesus - who is the solution to all our problems in the world? It's terribly hard for someone with faith to talk to someone without faith.... But to drive home the point, I have faith that God will see me through..

- I have been blessed by my protestant brothers and sisters in Campus Crusade for Christ. In their community I have grown and experienced identity, belonging and love. I hope that in return, I will be able to inspire them to be more understanding with Catholics and to be a Catholic "representative" from where I am... to make known the fact that WE DO NOT WORSHIP MARY!!! WE ONLY Ask for her intercession and we really only worship Jesus!

But one day I wonder if I would be able to do something that would be provocative enough to make a stand - to unify the gap - to say that we're all worshipping the same christ after all - ...maybe inter-talks? I dunno..?

my heart:
- I feel sad for people who do not WANT to accept Christ.. why? because beneath the whole facade of the human self, all our egos, achievements, outside looks and haughty behaviours, and all our self-pursuits, lies a broken self - a person who is lost - a person who is not whole - a person who is lacking - a person who does not know Joy - a person who does not know Peace.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8

Sin impoverishes us. It makes us always be INADEQUATE, LACKING, DISUNITED with God.

It also DECEIVES us and BLINDS us.. such that we think we are damn cool, or damned fine without Christ. BUT we are damned if we think that way!

Rather, it is only when we are united IN our Lord that we are made whole.


Finally - to some friends who think i've been working too much and working my head off.. I'd have to say... NO CHOICE! I'm a busy person..I've got fyp-school, string, youth ministry. But that's about it really - 3 big areas for now... Rest assured I'm busy because I have many commitments, but not too many that I'd go bonkers.. Thanks anyway...

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger :: dotz :: said...

hey dear, appreciate your sharing. =)

want you to know that i've always treated you as a sis-in-Christ and that i'm glad that Jesus is your best friend! *hugz* all the best for the v-day wake fest! just a few weeks more... jia you!!!

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908