Tuesday, February 1

Late nights in a row

Gosh.. I understand what it means to let work take control of you.. but sometimes.. u have no choice.. no utter choice! Then how?

I just thank God that in the midst of all these, i'm not overwhelmed by the stress and work to do. I am stressed at some points here and there.. but i feel that I've been learning and reflecting on how I deal with things and it's a learning experience.

I am particularly peeved at my own bad habit for example, of taking cab.. to NTU it's like $20 each journey.. gosh.. heartache... or maybe now numb already haha... i better not take so much cab anymore... made me so broke this month.. bad planning.

Meanwhile,.. I went for 15 mins of Pilates lesson today at school... yes.. i've signed up for this pretty tuff thing at ntu where u get to go for classes such as pilates, yoga, kickboxing and the likes. I WAS LATE!~ Again. Shucks. Another bad habit to overcome..

Then.. well.. it was interesting today at lunch with my ex-roommate at hall 2.. I was saying.. that I learnt that I was NOT a leader and that I was better off as a supporter - aka no.2 rather than no.1. BUT my listener immediately called a stop to that sentence.. and said.. No! Why don't you think of it as - This is a learning time, so that I can learn how to be a better leader?

And I thought about it... - not entirely my cup of tea - but perhaps this is what God means by moving out of your comfort zone??? He's certainly put me in all these "leadership" positions all my life.. not by my choice.. but by default.. ALWAYS... .. why?.. does He have a special plan for me? I wonder.. i wonder..

and I hope .. oh no.. please no.. i'm a terrible one.. oh dear.. yeah.. that's a pretty poor self-image..Ahh..

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Hee he thanks! Yup... these few days, I realised that this should be it - Leaders are both born and bred... but it's really sucky being in a leadership position. You have to take responsibility. Maybe that's why in ministry, so few people really want to be one. What more spiritual responsibility...

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Gee.. thanks.. it's really encouraging. thanks lots!

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908