Wednesday, February 9

Midweek Ravings..

Just got back from visiting Dad's side family.. we were saying that our peranakan tradition is almost or really gone,.. from my Dad onwards... true true.. I know nuts about peranakans except that they have wonderful nonya food, kueh and kueh lapis.. hahaa!

Even chinese traditions.. zillchh! We're of the modern generation today.. no culture.. none.. just popular culture. SAD isn't it? It's like we make up our own culture now.. or rather,.. are being led by our western counterparts... but i'd beg to differ... I'm no fan of friends, sex in the city, or whatever whatnots.. I think I'm really a weird mix.. I don't speak chinese but I like the chinese style entertainment better.. dramas... But well.. Korean dramas and Jap anime would be the best.. haaha... It's not a sudden craze, .. it's a discovery... and a preference.. Western style movies can get boring at times....

Anyways.. just watched a whole lot of movie previews.. looking forward to some (quite a lot!) of them... http://www.apple.com/trailers/
Eg: Howl's moving castle.. Ray, Nobody Knows (Daremo Shiranai), Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (coz of the book,.. the movie looks pretty weird actually).. Fantastic Four, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.. The Green Butchers (french), Sahara, I am David, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, The Weatherman, Chronicles of Narnia, And WAR OF THE WORLDS (In Dec) (I read the book! and I love HG Wells!)

Anyways.. anyone up for Mahjong next week? at my house.. this time.. I'm sure marlene and jac would be interested.. sarah? and well, that makes 4 already.. haha.. my mum also wants to play mwahahahaa...

Something i'm always trying to get: 13 wonders!!!!




My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908