Friday, October 7

The Race amidst grey skies

Life is not pure black or white.. The Race is not as simple as a chessboard where you are either black or white, you either win or lose.

Sometimes, we win. But we also lose. And sometimes, we lose but we also win.

For example, we get what we want, but at what expense? Or we lose something precious to us or fail in something we believed we should not have failed, but we gain experience and character.

Perhaps, life is really rather grey. To win, you must lose as well. A blend of black and white.

To me, winning is not a matter of winning in the minor things of life. Win or lose, it doesn't matter. Of course winning makes people happy, having achieved something. Though the glory is meant for God. For me, I want to win the crown. Crown of eternal life. The prize at the end of the journey. That is what matters most.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Exerpt from article 'The Race'

We are living in a bizarre time were people believe they can change the rules of the race to suit themselves. They believe that the One who created the race won?t mind at all if the rules are modified, and that He even encourages the change. Some denominations are ordaining homosexual ministers, professing Christians are encouraging same-sex relationships, and the catastrophic rule-breaking goes on. When these ?Christians? stand before the Great Judge one day to receive their medals, they will hear one word, ?disqualified? instead. What a terrifying moment that will be.


Blog inspired by article 'The Race' by Renewal Youth Ministries. [Read here]

"If anyone thinks he knows all the answers, he is just showing his ignorance." - 1 Cor. 8:2 (LB)


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908