Tuesday, December 6

Inward happiness... = Joy of the Lord

There is a difference being happy or sad. And it is so related to being satisfied in the Lord - if you see my previous blog entry -

It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, good looking or not good looking.

It's a matter of courage and acceptance. Facing up to reality. Accepting God's creation - accepting yourself for all your weaknesses and faults and not being too hard on one's self.

It's a matter of facing reality and striving to make best of what you can in your life - and to have HOPE in the Lord.

And it shines out.

Today, i awoke feeling bright and cheery - feeling like nothing in the world can take away this joy - this knowledge that i've found within me - the assurance of God being close by.

And I am happy.

It's a kind of breakthrough.

And i think, if we have not broken through the barrier of misery and self-pity, this is kinda like sinning to God too because we are saying ultimately - God you cannot help me - or.. God i don't want to be helped - ...

So i will be happy. I must make it a point to be happy.

Be happy in the things of the Lord.

True happiness. what is it?

I think it is a state of peace - calm - satisfaction - assurance - clear goals ahead that are not self-serving - a sense that life is beautiful - not thinking of oneself - love.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everywhere I read in the Bible: love is doing good to God and to others.

Everywhere I read in the Bible: happiness is doing good to God and to others.

Selfishness is doing good only to me.

Love leads to happiness, because it enables me to do good to others. Selfishness leads to unhappiness because it leads only to doing good to me.

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908