Sunday, January 22

Eugene's 21st Party

Eugene is 21! I'm so happy for him. It was a great party, and had a good chat and catch up with Paul & Sury.., talking about so many things under the "moon" (it was a perfect half-moon tonight) & playing with Benji, Eugene's dog, and juggling KAMs with Audrey.. haha!

What makes me sit up tonight is this - that there's still so much more to go with the Lord. Once we think we actually know God and are walking with Him, the next thing we find is - maybe not really. It's like God is elusive. Yet we know, He promises us that He's always there and will never leave us.

And in ministry it's so easy to cruise by and be happy about receiving, or just doing our basic duties, or performing our roles, even if it means using our gifts.. - but sometimes, when we go into the behind-the-scenes, we realise that there's so much more things to consider & discern - and there's a seriousness about it all - because afterall, we're all in a spiritual battle between Good and Evil... and being ignorant of this all will just mean we're not quite effective soldiers!

There's so many people with so many agendas, beliefs, stands, morals, it's just so hard to justify one particular one, and all so easy to become too accepting of it all - under the name of 'tolerance' or 'freedom' or 'truth is relative'.

It's something I might never be able to truly grasp. or argue out. But i understand it... or at least the gist.. and am somewhat provoked to think deeper.

But well.. my main thought as i go to sleep tonight is that i just want to seek God's grace even more - know His Will even more.. and want His guidance in my life even more! So much! Even serving in Church is not as great as soaking in the Presence of the Lord. And it's that presence that I hunger and thirst for.

I thank God that I'm able to have this faith.. for faith is a gift from God. I thank God that i can recognise my hunger for Him and not think that I need to fulfill myself with more and more earthly things that do not truly satisfy.

Amen!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908