Friday, May 11

Sacre Coeur

Finally, here's the pictures of my 6-week long journey (27 March - 20 May) painting the SACRE COEUR (Sacred Heart), a church in France, Montmartre. Of course, the art classes were more like chill out so as u can see - each lesson was painfully slow!! I can't believe I changed the sky almost each session at least.

But it was fun. Next would be a view of Singapore - set to be dedicated to Ju! That would be even more challenging (all those old, brown tones.. )

As for this church in France, it was indeed a magnificent church, Catholic one at that, and reminds me of the Taj Mahal! I shall always remember visiting it - with Ju - in 2005... and all the fun phototaking, sights and food!

Here's the journey:

Week 1 - image not captured. The drawing was splendid but once the colour was added, it looked terrible.

Week 2&3 - In week 2, after my building looked too white I made it peachy coloured. But then it became too pink. So in week 3, it was back to white-blue... but then i got stuck with the sky looking unnaturally blue at the top.



Week 4&5 - In week 4, did the people, gave the building more blue tones and depth.. and made the sky less wild... Week 5: Intensified everything and drew in another tree - & windows on the domes.



Week 6 - Changed the sky again! With the teacher's help, got a nice cobalt blue in comparison to my previous blue. Then... added final highlights to the people, trees, etc. Won't say it's really finished yet.. still so many more things to do. But as with any art piece - this expresses my ability at this point of time.. after learning for somewhat 10 months now? It's still only just started!




Btw.. i just saw a docu on Gabriel Ng - 12-yr old child violinist... he is so good! It's so wonderful to pursue your dreams!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908