Monday, December 8

Rhapsody in Blue

Absolutely Thrilled. After a long weekend helping out with the OLPS youth ministry's canteen duty... it's beginning to feel like a "job" rather than ministry. So tiring. Makes me grumpy. Perhaps it's the usual PMS thingee... or just feeling so damn tired, organising, organising, being unsure of turnout.. yet finally satisifed that people DO turn up to help out at the canteen, and it's still great after all. I even had some bad dreams about that. Finally it is over. Now just to relax and look forward to Christmas... Revival Seminar 2008 (19-21st Dec) and the Youth Christmas Party on 27th.

Today I feel totally rewarded. Woke up early for breakfast at the Kovan HK Cafe, with my Quartet pals, WH, KY, Claire & JJ. Claire was late again as usual.. JJ woke up late... so we had food first. Then we had our quartet Jam... played lots of new songs coz JJ brought his scores too... really fun.. things like Over the Rainbow, Theme from Ice Castles, Spring, American Quartet, Viennese Blood, Blue Danube, Some other songs, and finally, we did Rhapsody in Blue.

If you don't know, this is by Gershwin. I don't really know many composers but after hearing this in Nodame Cantabile (A japanese anime, then TV series)... I absolutely love it.

Watch it - the TV version from Youtube:
*Aside... Sam squeals together with Claire.. "NODAME!!!!!! Rhapsody in Blue..!!!!"

This is enough to make me smile the whole day...

Absolutely thrilled.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908