Friday, July 24

Treasure by Gary Chapman

It's been a whirlwind week. Not a rushed week, in fact, very leisurely. I'd had a lot of meeting up with friends this week, and greaaaat food!

But when these things cannot satisfy, I am left with a hanging desire for more more more. The more I look at things in the world, i get disillusioned. I wonder, so what, for what, who cares, better just go and die (and rest in peace ahahaa!).

But when I look at God, I know, that this is my treasure. The purpose of my life, is found in Him.

As such, I post this post, to share this song (written in 1982!) by Gary Chapman... called "Treasure". Amazing Lyrics!




TREASURE
by Gary Chapman

They say that were your treasure is
There will your heart be also
And your heart stays where you hide your greatest love

Now you can leave that love on earth
Where thieves may steal tomorrow
Or you can take it to that hiding place above

There's a treasure at the end of this narrow road I'm traveling
And it gives me a purpose for life
Jesus is my treasure, He's the reason that I am living
And he'll still be my reason when I die

So if you've been wondering where you're at, and where it is you're going
He's left a map for you and me to use
We just read the map and follow close
Always walking where it's showing
You just can't miss it, think before you choose

See there's a treasure at the end, of this narrow road we're traveling
And it gives us a purpose for life
Jesus is my treasure, He's the reason that I'm living
And he'll still be my reason when I die

Now there's a treasure at the end
Of this narrow road that I've been travelling,
And it gives me purpose for life,
Jesus is my treasure, only reason that I live,
And he's gonna be my reason when I die
Yeah, he's gonna be my reason when I die


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908