Monday, August 16

Walking through the fire

It's time for the test of fire. In our faith, we are usually put to the test. If we have no trials in life, our faith will not be tested. So recently my faith has been tested, and as I'm watching myself deal with the situations, I can actually see how much I have failed to remain absolutely faithful to God in this process. So many times, I lost the faith and quickly sought to disbelieve God's sovereignty, greatness, plan...

But thank God for my friends at YAM, a community who can pray for me, because when I'm at wits end, whom else can I turn to to hear my deepest worries, and thoughts!

As a result of this, I realise, that when I am weak, I should not react and respond - but rather wait for a time of empowering from God - filling of the Holy Spirit - that gives me the courage to respond to life's problems with love, peace and joy. People ask me why I am happy all the time.... and the real truth is, that I am not, but only because I found God, my security is in Him. Therefore, I can live life with that true joy and peace.

Somehow, I sense that God has a floodgate of blessings for everyone of us, if only we sat down in the stillness, acknowledged Him as God of our lives, and entrust all that we have to Him. Then only can He open the floodgates - and fill our lives with the blessings he intends for us. It's not that he prevents us from having it until we say yes He is God (that sounds petty) - but with us acknowledging God as the author of life and giver of our lives, we love Him back and in return, we experience the fullness of His blessings to us. Otherwise, we will always either never realise his blessings, or think that the blessings came from our own hardwork, or that some other thing gave us those blessings (e.g. maybe some stroke of luck) - but if we realised that God is the master planner of the entire universe, we realise that by seeking Him, we start to love him and develop a desire to know Him more. That in turn becomes a love relationship with Our maker, the Creator of heaven and earth. That in turn blesses us even further with a disposition of love and joy and peace. What more can I say? Why are people believing in stones and fortune telling when these things cannot guarantee your eternal security?


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908