Wednesday, August 24

The significance of 23

It just dawned on me recently that I'm 23 this year (yes a bit late since birthday has passed long long ago already). And u know, Psalms 23. And that Jesus said, 'when 2 or 3 are gathered in My name, there I will be'.. and that it was 23rd August yesterday.. haha! Okay cut the crap about 23. But then.. about Psalm 23.. it says:

A Psalm of David.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths
of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the
shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff
they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life: and I will dwell in
the house of the LORD for ever.

And I was just thinking today as well: That I may fear men (although there's no need to) but with God, perfect love drives out ALL fear.. and I can come into His presence even though I have sinned countless times, and even though I haven't worshipped Him with my whole heart at times.. and that thought is certainly reassuring. Praise the Lord.

http://www.interviewwithgod.com/psalm23.htm
http://www.inspiringword.net/movies/psa-23a.htm

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Izzy said...

hey! just wanted to say wow i'm a christian also but iw ould never be so brave as to do what your doing - intimate feelings surrounding god published - i am challenged thank you. love in christ.x

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Hey iris, i visited your site.. i love your photographs! Well, everything can be used to praise God, u see, so all the best as you seek to do so! IN chinese, we'll say "Jia You!" which literally means "increase oil".. means.. Keep it up.. ! haha

I think it's really difficult in a place like UK? hardly anyone talks much about religion right? in any case, that's the challenge for us christians to live it up.. and nothing can satisfy you more than giving praise to God in things u do.. it may be difficult and some ppl may ridicule you, but as you make it your passion, God will reward you!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger cybeRanger said...

2+3=5
Do you know that 5 is number for grace? :)

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908