Sunday, August 21

Thankful in His Righteousness

I am so thankful to God. Sometimes, when things don't happen right, we curse and swear at the circumstances and only end up more frustrated with people or with ourselves. But today, even though my so-called class gathering only ended up with 3 people and 2 more at some other venue, I thank God for it because at the end of the day, it was meaningful, and I felt great to know that I have these friends who are so dear to me.

Meanwhile, on the way back home from the No16 bus stop, I was just singing to myself and realised something - When people say "Put on the righteousness of Christ".. according to Ephesians 6, it is actually referred to the "Breastplate of Righteousness".. which is why people always say "PUT ON"... u gotta put it on, otherwise, it's like going into a battlefield without your MAIN PLATE of armour. It's quite a BIG part of the armour really! Indeed, the importance of knowing and understanding the meaning of RIGHTEOUSNESS in Christ. How many really understand it?

To me, it is like being made worthy. Even though I don't think I'm a soldier, once i put on the breast plate, i act like a soldier and FIGHT. Similarly, even if I don't think i'm worthy for heaven, being sinful and wavering in faith at times, when I put on the Righteousness of Christ, I know I am made for HEAVEN and I jolly well live like one who is aiming for heaven.

It is not so much of self-righteousness - being a good person and being calculative about who is doing something wrong and concerned that as long as you're right, it's ok. it doesn't matter. That's rather selfish.

It's about the righteousness of God. Being a righteous God, he makes sure we have a pathway to redemption. That we are not totally lost forever. He thus gave us JESUS. With Jesus on our breastplate, we are made righteous - "fit" for Heaven. When we "PUT ON the righteousness of Christ" we really are putting on the attitude, the mindset, the behaviour and the desires of Christ in us. We are telling ourselves and the world that we desire to live Holy Blameless Lives. That glorify God. How good is that?

Perfect isn't it?

God's love is holy and perfect.. it satisfies and quenches and overflows. Now.. i am super satisfied. I don't need anything else. Sure I need to go shopping to buy new clothes. But INSIDE I am happy. I AM HAPPY!

3 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Blogger Smuggitarius said...

Sammie Wammie! Get ur joggin shoes and start runnin! =) Push urself a lil harder - thou i think u r very packed in ur schedule already! Anyway, we haven bladed yet - keep a day for me this week! great that everytime u talk about ur job - a big smile lights up ur face! ciao bella!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

sure my deariest pau!! I've been so busy but u guys are always there telling me to chillout, relax and have fun! Owe it to you guys that I am so happy too! hehe! Luv ya and yup everyweek i'm thinking how to make time for blading!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger cybeRanger said...

What really matters is His righteousness..

God says that our righteousness is like filty rags (Is.64:6).

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908