Sunday, November 6

Blades, Mahjong, Bike



My new Salomon Deemax! SO pleased.. finally got a new pair of blades at last! It's supposed to be some sort of reward that I'd get myself after my 2nd month of work at IQPC, but i guess, the sale couldn't wait for me!

Meanwhile, yesterday was a cool day at Pauline's place.. mahjong with my KC buddies Choon Muan, Prisci & Audrey! It's so funny, it seems a very grownup thing to do - Play mahjong. In school back then, no one would have dreamt that we'd end up playing mahjong one day. Haha!

And just for blogging's sake, I rode a bike! Sat pillion on Audrey's bike last Tues.. it was scary, exhilarating and at that point, you just live for the moment. I get the jitters at the turns though, anything that gets the balance to tilt.. ahh!

And as for me... life is good and packed now. Though i am still using too much time for ministry stuff. I guess, it's the superwoman syndrome. I gotta cut-down. How often have i felt like I'm the only crazy one with all the crazy church ideas and no one to follow suit. Sometimes, even I dare not carry them out.. ironically. That's why I so desire a team with like-minded people as I know that I cannot work alone. I'm glad that the rest are slowly coming to open up towards my new ideas, though it's always the ablity to take action on them that counts.

Lastly... trying to pioneer something with OLPS Orchestra is like playing with the stockmarket. You know that there's something great. But as stock prices plunge, you dread each day and the time comes when you wonder whether you should even have bought the shares in the first place. Then comes the decision whether to keep and wait, or sell. And I'm stuck. Not that I wanna sell on it.. I'm here to stay. Have promised myself that I can achieve something with this. But the going is tough. No one to count on. Plus working with an old priest whom sticks by old principles and it's just super impossible at this stage.

And i tell myself, "ALL Things Are Possible".. and an eyebrow twitches. Mouth creases into a thin line. Really? I find it hard to believe.

ANd yet i'm here. By the grace of God. or would one say - trial? heh

It's so tough. But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel. If any case, I'm just gonna do what I believe is right. Of course, guided by prayer and discernment. I believe the Lord has placed me here. TO serve and not to be served. Now who likes being the waitress or waiter? You have to do the job and serve the customer well. Only that in this case, it is a few bunch of people who come to play music. I've gotta serve them well. It's just like.. a self-volunteered death penalty.

Then people will definitely tell me - why don't you quit then? I think.. perhaps? But then again.. i think -- I haven't even tried hard enough. This is just the initial complaining.. you know.. when you wonder what you've got yourself into.

But i know that the Lord leads, and I need not fear nor feel anxious. The christian God is a God who comforts. And I am strengthened by His presence. Indeed, it is amazing.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908