Tuesday, November 1

JAzzY Weekend @ Conrad

Presenting the Three Beauties...




What a Jazzy weekend. Had quite some fun playing at Conrad.. up on a 1m+ high platform which was so super high you'd think we were the stars of the night.. eehh.... anyway, blame it on not being our day.. we sounded baaaadddd..... ohh.. we definitely need more practice!

Nevertheless.. I love the band at Harry's at Boat Quay after the performance. It was really goooooddd.. and inspires me all the more to pick up proper guitar to do some jazz! Met Elaine's jazz piano teacher and some cool guitar dudes there.. Mike & Rick? Jeese, forgot their names already..

As for now, been so tired the weekend.. i'm so grateful for the two holidays this week. A great big PHEW! While it's chillout, it's also catchup though.. gotta do the things i need to do. Yet it's a bit too much work. Am I working myself too hard?

Yes I am still super busy as ever. So bad can't go blading much with Ruby and Pauline.. and even haven't met up with ade and colleen for some time.. geesh.. is this life?

My time is so limited. I wanna spend every minute meaningfully. But.. Hmmm so much that i'm not sleeping every night, soaking up every minute of the day & night. It's cool, and I like the feeling of living "wildly" (to put it in that sense...). Of course, that "lack of discipline" rather is getting to me.. and this week, I hope its a time to regain myself and go back to normal sleep hours.

So what's happening in my life right now? Countless of cool exciting things... and increased responsibilities. Ministry, OLPS orchestra, String performance, friends, work.. things tt i have to do like.. shopping (it's more a liability to me than a pleasure).. keep healthy.. all these suck up time and sometimes.. on the contrary, creates less joy. It's ironic. It's weird. I'm still trying to understand this weird phenomena.

It only leaves me to realise, that the only joy i can derive is not from the things i do or the people i meet, it's from being close to God. Then I will possess that joy in my own being, when i meet people, and not seek it from them. I'd give - rather than wait to receive.

Also, simply, we are never satisfied. Humans are we - never satisfied.

I want so much to just be able to rest in HIS presence and not have to worry about all the things i have to do... ARgh: there's so many things! Eg:

- Call all the people at OLPS Orchestra to find out who is still In the orchestra or out. Who's gonna do that? no one. and I'm now the "head" of this orchestra.. so I have to do it.
- YAM - need i say more.
- Go driving. Eons. been saying that. Still not done.
- Play Guitar at John 10:10.
- Design saccre 2006 calendar-card
- OLPS orchestra publicity
- Need to exercise
- Need to maintain a social life..
- Need to spend personal time

Man.. the list can go on and on.

I just wanna chill out man. Suffering from burnout. It is isn't it? I think it's pretty obvious. At times like this, i feel like a one-man woman (haha... or issit one-man show..?) and well.. it gets self-absorbing.. and overly narrowing and stifling.

That's why tonight was a good breather. Was out at Boat QUay for dinner with Pauline and we blew like $50 bucks on Thai Food, dessert, taxi.. .. but its' worth it. I can't have chilled out better. What's better than a good ole choco cake and good night view? I think it's pure bliss!

Before i go ranting on and on at 5:33am in the morning.. i better stop and try to get some sleep!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908