Wednesday, May 23

Clinging on VS Letting go

This week has been phenomenal. especially in my church youth group YAM. After a super session with live video conferencing with Paul who's studying in Australia, and a session on "why we must fight" i believe God is just moving everyone.

Suddenly everyone is enthusiastic about prayer, about getting more deeper or serious with God.

But just as these are happening, I am trying to keep my eyes open. For we need to watch these seed that it is sown into a fertile ground, not the rocky sand.

Tonight... after doing a million things this whole day, i look at the computer with zombified eyes.. but really glad because of a few things: That I can actually tangibly see God's Spirit moving each us into unity and action.

I can see God moving all of us out of our comfort zones. As much as I resist or struggle... I can see His call for me more clearly.

Basically, for now, it is whether I want to cling onto the boat or let go and walk on water.

Whether i want to cling on to the habits, old ways, old thoughts, (for fear of new things, change); versus letting them all go and go God's way - narrow path yet full of joy and victory.

Am I going to stay put or fight in God's army?

If i'm going to fight, i've gotta move.. and i've gotta get fit - spiritually. That laziness physically is also a spiritual one. It's never 2 separate things.. all things interlink. So sometimes, we get physically hungry, could be spiritually, we're trying to fill a void - with physical food - coz that's all we know of.

So then. If it's hard to give up,.. all the better. That's the right way to go.

God's call is tough indeed.

Somehow at this point of life, I thank God that I've managed to come to a point where I can see so clearly the 'forked' crossroads - where I choose distinctly between God, or not. Many christians never get to that phase or seldom want to seek God so clearly. . content to live with just being a good christian... or rather, as least 'holy' as possible because being a 'holy' christian is tough and sometimes, stupid - irrelevant or backdated.

But everyone will come to a forked road one day - be it choices, or plain decisions.

And at the last day, we will still have to choose - God? or Not.

What is our decision - on our last day? And If our last day was today?


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908