Thursday, August 19

To serve or not to serve?

Today I prayed many prayers. I asked God to give me a sign if he wants me to continue serving in my church youth ministry. And you know what? Just before I'm about to knock off to bed (it's 2am now!) I see this verse from the daily bible inspiration widget in my iGoogle:

Today's Verse:
And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD. - 1 Chronicles 28:20 (KJV)

And I look further closely and I realise it is "SOLOMON" again - why? Because when I was born, my parents had 2 names for me. If I was a boy, it would be Solomon, and girl, Samantha.

Well, in any case, I am not amused at God's sense of 'humour'. More like pissed.

But I am quite astounded because I did pray for God to give me a sign.

And the verse really speaks to me... it tells me that HE will not forsake me. This is akin to "abandon" / "forget"... and you know when I was first touched by the Holy Spirit in a retreat in 1999, I had the same words "I will not abandon you".... "I did not forget you".... from God.

Now, I see God says,
until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD

And I am doubly astounded - because deep inside, I am asking the Lord, that isn't my work finished? Isn't it good enough already? WHAT MORE does He want me to do? Does he want me to serve for so long until I hit my 30s? IT's crazy. And he says thru this verse,... to "Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed"...

Reading this, I can't help but Fear more... and Dismay more.... but I am also a little joyful inside, because I have a little inward assurance that if I say yes to 1 more year of service, I may be going in line with this Godly inspiration, which may be God's will for me!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908