Wednesday, August 25

I am a Living Stone...

"May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love"(Ephesians 3:17, AMP)
 
TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria: Did you know there is tremendous power in love? In the same way that a tree will grow taller and stronger when its roots grow deep, you will be stronger and rise higher when you are rooted and established in love.
 
Today, I also reflect on 1 Peter 2:4-5 -
4 As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
 
Many times, I feel rejected by men. Not because of their actions, but because I have rejected the ways of the world so much to the extent that by being in the world sometimes, it feels like i am being rejected. But this verse comes to me today, telling me that despite the inner and outer conflict I do experience, in the sight of God I am chosen and precious. 
 
We are all living stones, and God is the mason - he places us in different areas fitting us together so that each of us serves a different purpose. When that is all in place, there is harmony.
 
I wonder what is happening now, and I can only wait for God to continue to strengthen me for the work ahead. It feels like a winter season where I get ready for spring again. Despite how tired I am, I feel like there is still a year ahead, that I must "offer spiritual sacrifices" on behalf of the ministries I am in. 
 
Recently just joined a new publication ministry - without saying more here, I feel the urge also to pray for it. I don't know why. I just came back and started singing the song "God is Awesome in this place" and therefore that's how I got to the word "living stones". 
 
In the lyrics of the song, it goes:
I've found where I belong
I'm a living stone

In this house
I will grow

The words are very symbolic. In my youth ministry, I have used the verse from Psalms 52 to symbolise the youth ministry. Then in this song, there is the same 2 words house, and the notion of growing (flourishing):
 
Psalms 52:8 But I am like an olive tree
flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God's unfailing love
for ever and ever. 
 
I know... what i must do...


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908