Sunday, December 23

Making goals for 2008

It's come to the time of the year when we think of our new year resolutions - yes, amidst all the christmas celebrations and festivities.

As for me, yes i've been thinking, dreaming,.. wondering, praying. It's a nice time, where we try to evaluate our life and look towards a new year ahead, giving ourselves new goals, new hopes and joys to live up to.

I'm in a generally positive mood - really into the Christmas spirit this year. But ironically, it's more of the christmas-shopping spirit.. wahaha. I guess, ministry has been a bit overdose for me this year, and i really need to balance my life out with some "me" time.

Anyways, now it's time to thinking of goals, and in my usual fashion as with previous years, I'm going to once again choose a letter and fix some inspirational words to it to motivate me through next year. Haha.. this is like "count dracula" and so the letter of the day is "L"!!!

Next year in 2008, i'm thinking some things to fulfill:
- Live life in the Light of Christ (not easy!)
- Laugh - be joyful, be merry, positive
- Love - be loving, love myself, etc...
- Learn - still want to learn Japanese; Learn new things at work

Uhm including some NON-L items like... :
- Going for confession more
- Complete my 2 Web Projects from 2007 so i can get my cert
- Save up a trip to Japan for end year. Don't ask me why. I just wanna go there.

Ok... so that's it... anyway, all these might still change! Moreover, basic commitments would already see me to the brim of each day - I think I would really literally "live life to the fullest" once again, where each day has only 24 hrs but it would be filled. My commitments?:

1. WORK, FAMILY, FRIENDS, MYSELF
2. OLPS Youth
3. YAM; SACCRE Youth
4. OLPS Ensemble
5. ART Class
6. Exercise?

Still have to finish my 2 web projects from the course i did this year. Man.. I am so lazy! Maybe I should have one of my goals to be "LAZY-NOT!!!!!"...

Let's now see a little review of my past year's "mottos":

2007 - "F" - Focus on the Lord; Have Faith in the Future! Read More (the others are not the actual goals, just more possible "F". I didn't achieve them however).

2006 - "A" - Ambition - being ambitious for God, having greater expectations; Aware - of what is happening around me; There's a 3rd "A", but i forgot -- didn't blog about it --- probably wrote it down somewhere!

2005 - "R" - build Relationships; be Real - seek the truth; Read - go deeper in knowledge of God Read More

2004 - "P" - chart my PATH; fuel my PASSION; find my POTENTIAL;
Read More

Haha, if you read it downwards, it's like "Farp"... ok no pun intended.

Re-quote Vivienne Yeo's Poem on Passion:
"When I have passion I have strength, My energy is boundless; When I have passion, I know no failure, My lows lead me to my highs. When I have passion, success is always believable, Trying hard is a joy rather than toil;When I have passion, I am happy, Doing is no different from being.What fires my soul is the magic of passion, A melding of belief and single-minded focus - Noble goals and lofty dreams, Talent and opportunities....... "


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908