Sunday, August 29

Life's little joys...

I was mooning about the whole day - about life's worries --- but in this post, I was about to write about the sadness of life but I decided to call it life's little joys.

Good food...
Good friends..
The joys of easy travel - in a car... (although the car is giving us a noisy problem with an overworked fan that sounds like it's gonna explode any minute)
The joys of living in Singapore - easy to drive...!
The joys of a nice home, nice house...
The joys of family (even hearing them quarrel in the car and getting pissed at it all)...
The joys of having dinner together (not much is said but it's still good anyway)
The joys of having a mission (in church - in my youth ministry)
The joys of blogging
The joys of facebook - to just see what people are doing (it kinda connects people, if done right)
The joys of knowing that God is still aware of everything I am going through.
See... life ain't that bad.
But why can't I pluck up my courage and feel happy? Maybe it's just a natural time of winter,... I need to rest a bit more... and find my strength in Him. Coz in all the things we do, we can either run on our own strength or wait for God to renew our spirit.

God, my prayer is for:
- Peace & Love in the household
- Commitment and Passion from my fellow youth ministry members
- Respect and Friendship in the workplace
- Perseverance and Faithfulness to you in my own walk with You.
- Hope for the future instead of dismay
- Strength for the new year (of service ahead if my term continues)
- Consolation for times of loneliness and fear
- Friends to help in times of trouble and uncertainty
- Mercy for my lavish living and guidance on how I should live my life

Hmm....The walk in life is hard indeed. We are in need of so many things (Material & Non-Material).

In moments like these, I sing out a song, I sing out a love song for Jesus...

Why? Because I just feel like singing... to God - because I am so worried, so sad, so tired, so weak, so doubtful, and so unhappy.... I wanna sing...

Jesus, Lover of my soul, Jesus, I will never let you go. You've taken me, from the miry clay, you've set my feet on the rock, and now I know,
I love you, I need you, though my world may fall I'll never let you go,
My saviour, my closest friend,
I will worship you, until the very end...


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908